You’ll also be happy to know that making money from your blog is easier today than it ever has been before. So, maybe you’ve already started a blog and have been writing awesome posts for a while now… but you’re still making zero pesos (or dollars)? It’s time to change that! But how do you monetize your blog?
7 Proven Ways On How To Monetize Your Blog
In this post, I’ll show you how to monetize a blog and make money online with proven and profitable ways. Let’s get started!
1) Start Affiliate Marketing
It is one of the most common ways bloggers make money. With affiliate marketing, you promote the products of other businesses. Every time someone purchases the product via one of your affiliate links, you earn a commission.
The easiest way to find products to promote on your blog is by joining affiliate programs like the following:
- Lazada. Founded in 2012, Lazada is one of the leading online stores in the Philippines. With the largest selection of brands and sellers, it connects shoppers via its virtual mall to over 7,000 leading international and local brands.
- Agoda. An online travel agency and metasearch engine, Agoda features discounted booking for over 2 million hotels, vacation rentals, flights, and airport transfer.
- ShareASale. ShareASale is an affiliate marketing network based in Chicago, Illinois, USA. With over 3900 merchants offering a variety of products and services.
Sign up and browse through affiliate sites like these to find products you can promote. There’s pretty much an affiliate program for every industry or niche; fashion, food and drink, education, health, and more.
It’s best to choose products related to your blog’s niche. By choosing products that are related to your niche, you know that your audience will be interested in them and more likely to buy. For instance, if your blog is about travel, you should promote travel-related products like bags, outdoor shoes, and so on.
2) Advertise with Google Adsense
An easy way to monetize your blog with ads is by using Google Adsense. It is a program run by Google that displays advertisements on websites. When a visitor clicks on an ad on your site, you make money.
The ads that will be shown on your blog are targeted to the site content and the audience. Plus, adding Google Adsense to your blog is super easy. Once you’ve set it up, the ads display automatically.
3) Sell Ad Spaces
By selling ad space directly, you get to set the price. Instead of getting paid a small amount for each individual click on an ad, you can charge a flat rate for an ad on your blog. By charging a flat rate, you can get more money and it’s easier to manage than tracking clicks.
Selling ad space directly is a bit more difficult to manage than Google Adsense because you’re responsible for negotiating the pricing, coming up with the terms and agreements, managing invoicing, and all the other details.
4) Accept Sponsored Blog Posts (Or Writing Jobs)
A sponsored blog post is a popular way of blogging for profit. In a nutshell, a company pays you to write about their products on your blog. They may even write the post themselves, so all you have to do it publish it.
If you have a great-looking blog, a consistent blogging schedule, and engaged readers, many companies are willing to pay big bucks for you to promote their products or services.
To connect with companies offering paid opportunities, you can join blogger networks like the following:
- ValuedVoice. It is considered the go-to Platform for influencers that want to receive paid opportunities. Influencers are given full editorial control — create great content, or shape the content clients provide.
- Rakuboss. Rakuboss is a multifaceted Filipino skills marketplace that supports freelancers from any business sector within the Philippines. They welcome Filipino freelancers who want to offer sidelines and be on the frontline to sell their skills in graphic design, IT and programming, music and narration, writing and translation, and more.
- Intellifluence. It is a database of influencers showcasing their profiles so relevant brands can find them based on experience and interests. Brands will reach out with offers of free products or cash. Influencers can also apply to campaigns they are qalified for in our Marketplace.
You can also reach out to brands directly to see if they’d be interested in partnering with you.
Put together a media kit using a tool like Canva. With Canva’s pre-made templates, you can put together a stunning media kit in no time.
5) Get Paid For Writing Reviews
Getting paid for writing reviews is similar to accepting sponsored guest posts. With paid reviews, you can try out a product, write a review about it on your blog, and then get paid!
Of course, you want to write reviews for products that are relevant to your blog niche and your audience. Like sponsored posts, you can reach out to brands directly or you can use a platform like PayPerPost to connect with companies that would be interested in paying you for a review.
6) Host A Paid Seminar And Workshop
Hosting a seminar is a great way to promote your blog and showcase your expertise. A seminar can a training session or workshop course with a question-and-answer period in the end. So, it’s a good way to interact with your audience as well.
You can use free seminars to promote your existing products or services if you’ve already monetized your blog using another method. Or you can sell tickets to the seminar itself if you have valuable information to share.
7) Join Influencer Marketing Networks
A social media influencer network is a marketplace where you can find influencers to partner with on a brand campaign. They allow brands to build up relationships with influencers directly through the platform.
Bloggers that are just starting out often wonder how to make money as beginners. But, the best part about blogging is that anyone can start blogging and monetize your blog.
You don’t need to have a super popular blog with lots of traffic to monetize your blog. All you need is a few readers. Of course, your revenue will start out small but as your blog grows, your revenue grows with it.
For many of the methods above, the more traffic you have, the more money you make.
FREE TIP: You can also promote the hosting service you are using if they offer affiliate marketing. Namecheap, is an easy and affordable provider for your registering, hosting, and managing domains needs.
If you like this post, please do share it on social media like Facebook and Twitter. Don’t forget to tag me back.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more exciting but random adventures.