You need to strategize in building your blog content through on-page optimization. This helps you get a good position on search engines (like Google). Here are six (6) quick SEO checklist to maximize your potential to get listed online on search results.
The 6 Quick SEO Checklist For Your Blog Content
Just a short note: Please put into consideration to not sacrifice your personal touch in writing your blog content. Do not paralyze your writing style just because you are too mindful of the technicalities of this SEO Checklist and its process.
1) Mind Your Word Count. You must have at least 300 to 500 words of relevant and fresh content. It must be free from misspellings and poor grammar. (Read more about the importance of spellchecking and more from this blog post).
2) Consider Your Headings. Your target search phrase must be included in either the page headline or sub-headline.
3) Target Your Search Phrase. Repeat your target search phrase 3 – 10 times within body. Make sure your copy is reader-friendly. Don’t over-saturate your content with your search phrase or you’ll be downgraded to spam by Google.
4) Include Relevant Images. Your page must include relevant images and captions that help illustrate the target search phrase. Be mindful of your “visual” readers.
5) Write Useful Content-Driven Articles. The content and resources on your page must be informational or inspiring that visitors can’t help themselves but to share and post elsewhere.
6) Make It Interactive. Your page must include opportunities for user discussions or reviews. Your content must start a conversation and must open a table for further discussion.
ALSO READ: Which WordPress To Choose?
Your Quick Checklist for Meta Optimization
Meta tags are invisible tags that provide data about your page to search engines and website visitors. In short, they make it easier for search engines to determine what your content is about and thus are vital for SEO.
These meta tags offer more details about your site to search engines and website visitors who encounter your site in the Search Engine Results Page (SERP). They can be optimized to put highlight to the most important elements of your content. As a result, it will make your website stand out in search results.
Here are five (5) meta tags to improve the optimization of your blog:
1) Uniform Resource Locator (URL). Your target search phrase must be included in the page URL.
2) Title Page. Your HTML title copy must include your search phrase and is less than 70 characters.
3) Meta Description Tag. Your page must contain a meta description that includes your search phrase. It is no longer than 160 characters.
4) Image Alt Text. The image alt text includes your search phrase.
5) Links. Your page must include relevant links to other pages on your site.
Do you want to stay on top of the latest search trends? You can get more visitors from Google, and from social media. In return, you can achieve an increase in readers’ engagement with the help of Yoast SEO, a WordPress plugin. Learn more about this on this website.
If you want to backread the Blogging 101 Series, check the menu tab on the top of this website or click here.
I’m a blogger, a crazy kid, and a happy piece of a blob. My star sign is on the cusp of the Crab and the Lion. I am a Julian.
I am not paraskevidekatriaphobic but something wicked this way comes; not autophobic, not cibophobic, not kakorrhaphiophobic, earth-kinetophobic, not metrophobic, muriphobic, not oneirophobic.